Saturday 9 February 2013

Review: D&G No. 3 L'Impératrice

Hello lovelies! Sorry for the month long gap I took from blogging! I had lots of things going on in my life and just too much on my plate at once. I'm going to try to use all my free time now to create drafts of blog posts, so that when it comes time to put one out, I always have something new for all my readers!

Today, I'm going to be reviewing one of my favourite fragrances that I've recently discovered- one of my friends showed it to me at Sephora, and I couldn't stop thinking about it for a whole month! I finally decided to go get it, because it smells THAT amazing!



Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you D&G No. 3 L'Impératrice! I love the fact that it comes in a simple bottle and has a pretty light peach colour to it. It has top notes of rhubarb, kiwi accord, and red currant, and a heart of pink cyclamen, watermelon, and jasmine. For the base, I can definitely agree with the description of musk, and seeing as I usually don't quite like musk, I'm surprised I love this one so much! When I first spritz it on, I apply it to my pulse points (on my neck and wrists, then I swipe a small dab to put behind my ears- it makes your hair smell so nice!) and I get the kiwi and red currant right away. After around 2 or 3 hours, it fades to the lovely heart fragrance and usually lasts me through a whole school day without reapplication.

My only gripe with this perfume is the fact that the bottle can be quite bulky, as the glass bottom is quite heavy and thick! Overall, I love the scent and I think that it has the perfect lasting power and sweet touch without overwhelming people within a small radius! This just might be my new signature scent!

No comments:

Post a Comment