Saturday 18 August 2012

Review: Annabelle Twist-Up Lip Crayon

For all you Canadian beauts out there, I'm sure you've heard of the revamped makeup display complete with new products from Marcelle and Annabelle! They are two great Canadian brands which, in my opinion, are often overshadowed by more renown drugstore makeup brands.

One of the newest items released with the promotion of their new releases (and Québecoise singer Marie-Mai is their new spokesperson to boot! She's so confident and fierce!) is the TWISTUP Retractable Lipstick Crayon which comes in 12 amazing shades for any kind of look. I bought the shade Divine and  I do think it's absolutely divine! It's an nice neutral pinky toned lipstick, and the pigmentation of this formula is absolutely amazing. It's superbly nice in the fact that it applies smoothly, and it doesn't take a few "starter" swipes to get the colour going. 



Another bonus: It's fully retractable so you never have to sharpen it! Regular lipstick application will keep the point nice and sharp, and I like that the product isn't so large that I risk going off my lips while I'm applying. The little band that is true to colour is great, and the name of the product is printed on the tube so you'll always remember what it is!

A tiny little disappointment I had was that this lip crayon comes out as a matte finish on my lips, because I had seen a previous review where it was pictured to be glossy! However, just a dab of clear or pinky gloss on top sets that straight, and it lasts for quite a while! I wore it for around 5 hours with minimal eating and drinking and it still looked nice. Most importantly, I didn't have an allergic reaction (I'm looking at you, Revlon Lip Butters!) and the removal of the lipstick was easy as well. 

I would definitely recommend checking out these new TWISTUP lipstick crayons! 

No comments:

Post a Comment