Saturday 29 September 2012

Review: L'Oréal Caresse Sticks in Cardinal Plume

Hello everybody! I'm back with my first official beauty product review in a long time! I've been having a busy first two weeks back at school and adjusting back to the hectic life of running to classes, studying, and extracurriculars has not been an easy feat! Needless to say, I'm happy to bring to you a somewhat new product that's been talked about heavily in the hybrid lipstick/lipbalm market: the L'Oréal Caresse Sticks! Technically, these are part of the Colour Riche line and contain 50% less wax than traditional lipstick, giving it a lightweight feel and sheer but buildable colour. What I like about this is that any bold colours can instantly be transformed into everyday lipsticks that don't look too overdone; you just look polished!

Here is a photo of the retro gold packaging: I love metallic packaging and I think it looks great, but it does tend to attract fingerprints for those of you who find that annoying. It also has the little clicky part at the bottom so when you put the cap back on, it has to be aligned with the front, which may be a deterrent to some. A huge plus for the tube, though, is the coloured section of the tube that lets you see a sample of the true-to-life colour inside!

The flash makes the colour true to life!

This lipstick swipes on easily and is EXTREMELY lightweight without having that cakey, dry lip feel that matte or thick lipsticks can sometimes give. However, due to this, the colour will tend to fade quickly and may feather on some people. On myself, it didn't give much definition to the shape of my lip and I had to make sure I didn't rub my lips together and get the colour everywhere! However, a bit of clear wax lipliner should do the trick without a cakey feeling or added weight! Overall, a good, everyday kind of light lipstick that has 16 shades so everybody is sure to find one they love!


No comments:

Post a Comment