Sunday 14 October 2012

Review: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer in Nude


So now that midterms are hitting all of us university students hard, it's time to bring out the concealers and hide those dreaded undereye circles so you can look your best! It's my first time trying out a concealer, and based on many reviews, I decided to go with the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer in the shade Nude. It was on sale for $6.99 which is a great price for a drugstore concealer, and I love the click pen idea where you can get just as many dabs as you need without drying out the rest of the product. As with all click pens, it takes a good minute or so of continuous clicking to get any product to start flowing. After that, each time I spin it one click for each eye so that I get a small dab of fresh product.



The shades available in this concealer are made for lighter skin tones, and the luminizing agent may actually make some people's skin seem paler and ghastly! For me, the trick is to use this in moderation and to pat it in light circles to thoroughly blend the product in with your natural skintone, as skin tends to be darker for me under my eyes. It also has a tendency to accent drier undereye skin if you cake on too much.

I think a product that might be comparable is the Rimmel Match Perfection concealer, which I might try next! What drugstore concealers do you like best?

No comments:

Post a Comment